Lobbying, Advocacy & Representation
Uganda National Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors (UNABCEC) represents more than 350 firms including Uganda’s leading construction, electrical and mechanical contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers and manufacturers. Regarded as the “voice” of the construction industry, UNABCEC is one of the most visible organizations in Uganda actively advocating for the industry
From activities affecting contractors’ participation in public procurement to policy and legal matters affecting the sector, UNABCEC regularly lobbies Government on behalf of her members to ensure fair and transparent practices in the construction business. Be active in these efforts or at least be kept apprised of what is being done on your behalf.
Over 300+ papers were submitted to policy makers in 2020.
Be a Construction Advocate
Help us advocate for you by submitting your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
UNABCEC is the recognized umbrella body for genuine players in Uganda’s Construction Contracting Sector. We represent our members on various relevant committees including but not limited to;
- the Construction Industry Development Committee (CIDC) under the Ministry of Works and Transport,
- Multi-Stakeholders’ Group of CoST Uganda Chapter,
- Construction Sector Skills Council under the Ministry of Education and Sports,
- UTC – Lira 6th Governing Council,
- TVET Policy Implementation Working Group under the Ministry of Education and Sports,
- Sector working group of National Building Review Board to aid in the implementation of the Building Control Act 2013