UNABCEC@30 PRESS RELEASE
Uganda Construction and Infrastructure Forum and Exhibition (UCIFE) 2023 and the Contractors’ Run 2023
Kampala, Thursday, October 12, 2023 - The Uganda National Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors (UNABCEC), in partnership with the Ministry of Works and Transport, invites all construction industry stakeholders including the private sector, public sector, development partners, civil society among others, to participate in the scheduled events aimed at commemorating three decades of excellence in the construction industry.
- Uganda Construction and Infrastructure Forum and Exhibition (UCIFE) 2023:
- A two-day high-level forum featuring thought leaders, experts, and stakeholders from the construction and infrastructure sector with H.E. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni as the Chief Guest and Prof. PLO Lumumba as the Keynote Speaker.
- A four-day exhibition focusing on all aspects of the construction industry including industry standards and regulation, engineering, architecture, surveying, materials, technology and innovation, heavy equipment, management solutions, real estate, and interior designs, among others. Free entry for exhibition visitors.
- The twin event provides an opportunity to explore cutting-edge solutions, connect with industry influencers, and engage in discussions that shape the industry's future.
- Contractors' Run 2023:
- A unique charity run designed to mobilize industry stakeholders to support the improvement of Emergency Response Assistance to road accident victims.
- Proceeds from the run will be used to buy hospital beds and mattresses for selected Regional Referral Hospitals in partnership with the Ministry of Works and Transport.
- The run will be in both virtual and physical modes.
- A three-day blood donation drive to ensure the availability of safe blood in hospitals for accident victims.
- Special Souvenir Edition of The Contractor Magazine:
- A comprehensive look at UNABCEC's journey, achievements, and contributions to the industry.
These events present an opportunity for everyone to join hands in celebrating the growth and success of Uganda's construction industry. Whether you're a construction enthusiast, a concerned citizen, or someone passionate about community impact, there's something for you in these events. The celebrations are not exclusive to industry stakeholders; the public is invited to participate in the Contractors' Run and engage with experts at forum and exhibition.
The events will take place from December 14 – 17, 2023, at the Kololo Independence Grounds in Kampala.
For detailed information about the events, including schedules, fees, registration details, and sponsorship opportunities, please click here https://events.unabcec.co.ug
Uganda National Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors (UNABCEC) was established in 1993 as a non-profit, non-political, member-driven Association that brings together all genuine players in the Ugandan construction contracting sector.
Currently the Association has over 422 genuine contractors and entities involved in Uganda's construction contracting sector. UNABCEC has been the voice of the industry, advocating for shared interests, promoting networking, and driving innovative service provisions that advance the construction industry in Uganda.
Our core purpose is improving performance in the construction-contracting sector by championing better regulation and enhancing operational integrity.