GRADUATE TRAINEE JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE
JOB TITLE: Graduate Trainee
REPORTS TO: Finance & Administration Manager
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide financial and administrative support to colleagues, Members and Stakeholders of UNABCEC. Under the general supervision of the Finance & Administration Manager, the Graduate Trainee will be responsible for day to day management of financial resources. The positon interacts with other departments internally in a way to facilitate Member service in a fast-paced environment. It is for persons who are results oriented, with excellent problem solving and strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare Wages, Salaries & Employment Matters
- Computerized Bookkeeping & Accounts
- Payment of Suppliers
- Monitor Bank Accounts; Liaise with Banks
- Draft Accounts, Preparation for Audit with Auditors
- Use of Computer Equipment & Software
- Prepare Budget & Forecasts
- Record and issue reciepts for Subscription and Annual Membership Fees
- Grant Application & Financial Information for Funders
- Attend and contribute to Supervision and Staff Meetings & Training
- Filing of Documents
REQUIRED PERSONAL SKILLS
The trainee will demonstrate;
- Integrity, credibility and dedication to customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in a finance related course (like Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration majoring in Accounting, finance) from a recognised University.
- Fresh graduate of not more than 1 year after graduation.
- CGPA of 3.6 and above
- Knowledge of Quick Books Accounting package, Ms Excel.
Send your application to email@example.com and clearly indicate "GRADUATE TRAINEE APPLICATION" as the subject. The following requirements in their order must be merged into one PDF document of not more than 10MBs and attached to the application email.
- Typed application letter,
- Typed Curriculum Vitae with at least 2 referees,
- Degree certificate/ transcript.
- A Level certificate/ pass-slip,
- O Level certificate/ pass-slip,
- Copy of National ID or Student ID.
Application letters should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Uganda National Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors (UNABCEC),
Plot M764, Coronation Avenue, UMA Show-grounds, Lugogo,
P. O. Box 34046, Kampala – Uganda.
Only applications submitted following the above procedure shall be considered. No hand delivered applications shall be considered. Deadline for receiving applications is Friday, 17th June 2022 at 5:00pm EAT.