CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR GRADUATE TRAINING PROGRAM - Applications closed
Uganda National Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors (UNABCEC) is a 29-year-old non-profit, non-political, member-driven, national trade association that brings together genuine contractors and other companies and organizations engaged in construction contracting in Uganda.
In a bid to support youth employability and promote skills development in the construction industry, UNABCEC initiated the Graduate Training Program in 2019 to offer practical experiences/ training opportunities to the final year students/ fresh graduates of construction and engineering related fields.
The program aims at empowering tomorrow’s contractors and building the future for the construction industry. We believe that these early experiences give the graduates an important stepping-stone into their careers and help to produce the right professionals for the Construction Industry.
The first 2 intakes of the program have seen a number of graduates taken up by member companies for practical training, majority of whom have been retained as permanent employees and others are still under training. (Read the success stories of some participants in the different Issues of The Contractor Magazine available HERE)
The Association now invites qualifying graduates to apply for the 3rd intake of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree and diploma finalists/fresh graduates with minimum CGPA of 3.6 and 2.8 respectively in the following fields;
- Individuals who have graduated or are awaiting graduation in the year 2022.
- Individuals who graduated in 2021 but are not on the list of our 2nd intake are also encouraged to apply.
- Female graduates are encouraged to apply.
HOW THE PROGRAM IS IMPLEMENTED
At the end of each academic year, the Association invites applications from eligible finalists/fresh graduates for this opportunity. Successful applicants are oriented by UNABCEC through a 3-hour Work Readiness Webinar aimed at equipping them with soft skills and preparing them for the world of work. A database of these successfully shortlisted applicants is then availed to UNABCEC members and other construction companies to select candidates of their choice. The host company determines the duration of training and other terms and conditions. There are high chances of being offered full time employment by the host companies upon good performance during the training.
Upon request, the association together with the host company provides recommendation letters to trainees after a successful training.
- Being shortlisted by UNABCEC does not guarantee the candidates any right for absorption in the host companies under any circumstances. The host companies reserve the right to select the candidates of their choice.
- This program is completely free of charge therefore, both applicants and host companies will pay no charges to UNABCEC officials to access this service.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday, 30th June 2022 at 5:00pm EAT. The following requirements in their order, must be merged into one PDF document of not more than 10MBs and attached to the application email.
- Typed application letter expressing interest in and commitment for the training,
- Typed Curriculum Vitae with atleast 2 referees,
- Degree or Diploma certificate/ transcript/ testimonial. (Testimonials must be fully stamped and signed by relevant authorities to prove authenticity),
- A Level certificate/ pass-slip where applicable,
- O Level certificate/ pass-slip,
- Copy of National ID or Student ID.
Only applications submitted following the above procedure shall be considered. No hand delivered applications shall be considered.
Application letters should be addressed to: