Any building, civil, mechanical or electrical engineering contracting company, suppliers and Manufacturers of building materials, equipment and construction related services are eligible for Ordinary membership of the Association.
The Associate category of membership is accorded to entities whose work or mandate is related to construction industry such as Insurance Companies, Law Firms, Logistics Companies, Tertiary Institutions, Consultants etc.
Membership Categories, Classes and Fees
Procedure for Membership Application
- BE A REGISTERED CONSTRUCTION COMPANY OR MANUFACTURER/SUPPLIERS OF BUILDING MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION RELATED SERVICES, ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO INTERNATIONAL AND LOCAL COMPANIES AND TERTIARY INSTITUTION.
- DOWNLOAD MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
- FILL AND RETURN THE APPLICATION FORM WITH THE FOLLOWING ATTACHMENTS TO THE SECRETARIAT:
a) Certificate of Incorporation
b) Form 18 justifying Company Premises
c) Form 7/20 indicating Particulars of Directors and attach copies of their IDs (i.e. National IDs or Passports)
d) Certificates of Works Completed for at least 3 years (Contractors only)
e) Powers of Attorney
f) Audited Accounts for at least 2 Years
g) Proof of payment of Non refundable Application fees of UGX 500,000 (All payments by cheque shall be written to UGANDA NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BUILDING AND CIVIL ENGINEERING CONTRACTORS or by Bank transfer to Acc No. 01363503380794; DFCU BANK, KYADONDO BRANCH)
- TECHNICAL COMMITTEE ASSESSES AND ALLOCATES AN APPROPRIATE MEMBERSHIP CLASS
- CONFIRMATION FOR YOUR CLASS IS SENT TO YOU WITH AN INVOICE FOR SUBSCRIPTION
- PAY MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTION
- CERTIFICATE ISSUED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER CHEQUE MATURING
NB. YOU SHOULD BE SECONDED BY AN ALREADY CERTIFIED MEMBER OF UNABCEC OR SUBMIT A RECOMMENDATION LETTER FROM A CLIENT
Applications and all inquiries can be sent to:
Uganda National Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors
Plot M764, Coronation Avenue
UMA Showgrounds, Lugogo
Telephone: (+256) 0 392 795036
E-mail: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities of Members
- Adherence to UNABCEC and Industry core values and code of ethics and conduct: By becoming a UNABCEC member, you acknowledge that your company will adhere to acceptable ethical standards and UNABCEC core values and have or will make long term contributions to the development and integrity of the association and the industry.
- Pay Annual Membership Dues: Each year, UNABCEC will send to current Active and recently Inactive members an invoice for dues for the forthcoming year. Association By-Laws state that dues are payable for each year in by June 1st of the year to which they should be applied. The Board of Directors may terminate the membership of any member whose dues are in arrears of twelve months.